A Letter From Our CEO
This year marks a very special time in the story of Caswell Family Medical Center, Inc. To some, it will seem like just yesterday when the only doctor in town was retiring. A group of community leaders (many of whom are still very active in our community today) gathered to develop a solution capable of surviving the tests of time. A solution that would ensure access to medical care for Caswell residents, including the most vulnerable who didn’t have health insurance or couldn’t afford to see a doctor through traditional means. This is when CFMC was born in 1978 40 years ago.
Caswell Cares is a campaign that was developed to help our community remember the answer to the question of ‘who is Caswell County?’ The tapestry that has bound our community together for generations has been a sense of caring and concern for the wellbeing of our family, friends and neighbors.
In keeping with the theme of Caswell Cares, our Board of Directors and I hope that you will consider joining us as we start our celebration with ‘$40 for 40’. Individuals are asked to make a contribution of $1 for each of the 40 years that CFMC has served our community. All those that contribute will be voicing their commitment to seeing that CFMC maintain its mission and growth through such programs as our Sliding Fee Scale, Medication Assistance Program, and the Neighborhood Assistance Program. Between now and June, the names of those that contribute will be collected and memorialized on a canvas to be installed in the Medical Center’s lobby that will be unveiled as part of the annual Family Fun Day event to be held again this year on August 22, 2018.
Will you please support us?
To give your gift today online by credit card or paypal, please keep reading.
William B. Crumpton
Chief Executive Officer
What is 40 for 40?
It is this spirit of community that CFMC sought to recognize when launching the CASWELL CARES campaign. Taking CASWELL CARES one step further, we hope that you will help us celebrate our community’s legacy by donating $1 for each of the 40 years CFMC has been hard at work.
Keep reading to find out more about the 40 for 40 Campaign and how you can send your gift to change a life.
WHY ARE WE ASKING FOR HELP?
In the mid-1970’s, a group of concerned citizens saw the communities need for local, quality health care. In April 1978 their vision led to a groundbreaking for what would come to be known as Caswell Family Medical Center (CFMC). Even though forty years have passed, the historic mission of the organization remains true: ensuring access to medical care for everyone in the community, including the uninsured and the underinsured.
Over time, additional services have been added to improve the quality of life for those who live, work and visit in Caswell County.
CFMC has served over 5,400 residents with over 24,100 medical visits since 2016.
The care received by these members of our community include services such as:
- Primary, specialty, and urgent care medical services for the whole family, including diagnostic labs and x-rays.
- Acceptance of all insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid, and offers sliding scale fees for those without insurance who cannot afford their copays or deductibles.
- House-Calls program providing bedside primary care for chronic disease management to home-bound patients.
- Neighborhood Relief Fund providing patients with emergency access to assist with prescription copays, gas cards, or other financial support in critical situations.
- Cancer Relief Fund providing financial and other supportive services to residents of Caswell County, NC affected by cancer – even those that may not be patients of CFMC.
- Prescription Assistance Program providing access to free brand-name prescription medications directly from pharmaceutical companies.
- ACA Outreach and Enrollment Assistance to help individuals understand, navigate, and enroll in insurance options available through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Caswell Family Medical Center is here for you, our friends, family, and neighbors. Read what the community is saying about CFMC!
40 for 40 Campaign Donation
To donate, you may choose offline (check by mail) or PayPal. By choosing “PayPal”, you may select using your PayPal account, or use a debit/credit card through PayPal service.
GIVE TODAY FOR A BRIGHTER TOMORROW
Please consider making a donation of $40 for our 40 years of service. Your gift will go into helping our community break down more barriers to health care and allow us to assist those in need, whether it be medical care, transportation to and from CFMC or other healthcare facilities, medication assistance, or other healthcare needs they may have.
We appreciate your gift!