Caring Enough to Feed and Nourish the Caswell Community
It is estimated that nearly 5,000 people in Caswell County are struggling with hunger so it is likely we all know someone who could use a good meal and/or a few groceries.
Several local food pantries and other community partners are working diligently to meet that need, but they need your help, especially as they brace for what is expected to be a harsh season for many families in our community.
“We are here to help,” said Beryl Aldeberan. “Even if you’re not sure how we can help, call us. We’ll figure it out together.”
Beryl is the community’s Food Insecurity Response Coordinator, but when she says “us” she is talking about a growing network of individuals, churches, and other agencies who are working together to make sure no one in Caswell County goes hungry.
And when Beryl says “help” she’s talking about a coordinated effort to ensure that community members who NEED FOOD can easily obtain it and, that churches and other folks who want to help have the opportunity to make a big difference.
❤❤ Listed below are opportunities to volunteer, donate, or secure food. Please let us know if you know of others so we can update this list. If you would like to learn more about this work, or how you can help, please contact Beryl via email or at 336-694-1181 ext 235 or join one of the upcoming COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS.
❄❄ Seasonal Food Giveaways
- Please contact us if you would like to list your organization’s food giveaway here.
💬 Organizations are invited to post food giveaway events HERE as well.
‼‼ Can’t make it to a pantry on a specific day to pick up food? Please call the pantry closest to you anyway. Community partnerships make it much easier for you to access the food you need. If you need additional assistance please contact Community Health Worker LaToya Jones via email or at 336-694-1181 ext 214. Resources can also be found by visiting the Community Guide to Assistance, or calling 2-1-1.
- Caswell Parish, (336) 694-6428, 1038 Main St, Yanceyville, NC 27379 Pantry distributing food onsite every Tuesday and Thursday, 10am – 3pm. Please call ahead to schedule pickup. Also operates a Thrift Shop and administers utility assistance funding, when available.
- County Outreach Ministries, (336) 694-1255, 225 Third Ave, Yanceyville, NC 27379, Pantry distributing food onsite/drive-thru the 2nd Tuesday of every month 11am – 1pm. Also collects and distributes toiletries, school supplies, and other items as needed.
- Locust Hill United Methodist Church, (336) 388-2489, 281 Stoney Creek School Rd, Reidsville, NC 27320, Pantry distributing food onsite/drive-thru the 2nd Thursday of every month, 4:30pm – 6:30pm. (Dec. 10 at 4:30-6:30PM)
- Shady Grove United Methodist Church, (336) 388-2750, 1705 Shady Grove Rd, Providence, NC 27315, Pantry distributing food onsite/drive-thru the 2nd Monday of every month 5pm-7pm. (Dec. 14 starting at 4-6PM)
- Caswell County Department of Public Health, (336) 694-4129, 189, County Park Rd., Yanceyville, NC 27379, Administers the WIC nutrition program pregnant or postpartum women, infants, and children up to age 5. Offers nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and vouchers for healthy food and baby formula.
- Caswell County Department of Social Services, (336) 694-4141, 175 East Church St., Yanceyville, NC 27379, Offers monthly benefits on an EBT card to help buy food. Benefit amount varies based on income and household size. Most grocery stores, farmers markets, and convenience stores accept EBT cards. Various others forms of assistance also available based on eligibility.
- Caswell County Schools, (336) 694-4116 operates a number of “Grab & Go” meal sites across the county for students. Click HERE for details. If you have questions about the status of any Caswell County Schools meal site, please call (336) 694-4161.
- Caswell Senior Services, (336) 694-7447, 649 Firetower Road Yanceyville, NC 27379, Provides Meals on Wheels and Congregate Meal programs to seniors and the disabled. Can also arrange for Food Lion grocery ordering and delivery for seniors, and assist pantries with delivery to clients facing transportation or medical barriers.
❤❤ If you would like to connect with others to prevent hunger in Caswell County, please contact Beryl via email or at 336-694-1181 ext 235.