Caswell COVID-19 Information and Updates
Local public health officials and others are working hard to combat the spread of COVID-19 here in Caswell County.
Regular Local Updates
Caswell’s Public Health Director, Jennifer Eastwood records updates for the community every other Monday at 2pm where she discusses local trends, hot spots, testing, vaccinations, etc. We will try to stream these calls live on Facebook beginning January 25th, or listen to the most recent recordings here.
💬 Please see this SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from the Caswell County Board of Health.
Free COVID-19 Vaccinations Available
Per the Caswell County Health Department 1/14/2021:
Vaccine Info Update: As of today (1/14/2021), we are offering vaccine to ALL healthcare workers and all individuals age 65 and up. Please understand that vaccine supply is limited right now and we will do our best to accommodate as many individuals as we can. You may call the health department at 336-694-4129 option 5 to add your name to the list for an appointment.
Per the Caswell County Health Department 1/12/2021:
We are aware that announcements were made by President Trump today. Please understand that these types of announcements do not equal immediate change at the local level. Local Health Departments will follow guidance from the State when administering vaccine. The public will be notified of any changes to the North Carolina prioritization when they are made.
Currently, we are still vaccinating our 75 and up population as well as individuals who fall in the 1a category. North Village Pharmacy and Caswell County Health Department are vaccinating by appointment only. A special vaccine clinic for 75 and up will be held at the Caswell County Senior Center on Friday, January 15, 2020, from 9-12 and 1-4, by appointment only. Please call the health department (336-694-4129, option 5) or the Senior Center (336-694-7447) to schedule your appointment. Again, this clinic is by appointment only!
We understand that many people want this vaccine and believe us when we say we want to give it as quickly as possible. We ask for continued patience in the face of a rapidly changing situation. If you would like to receive the vaccine when it is available to your group, please call the Health Department and ask to be added to the list.
Learn More About the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Dr. Serena Zhou-Talbert will hold a Q and A Session as part of the COVID-19 Vaccine Education session on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Dr. Zhou-Talbert is a Family Practice provider with Caswell Family Medical Center, part of Compassion Health Care. This event is being hosted by Caswell County Government.
- Get more information about the science behind the COVID-19 Vaccine HERE.
Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- Caswell County Department of Public Health, 189 County Park Rd., Yanceyville, NC 27379, Tuesdays – Saturdays, 8am – 5pm. No appointment required but hours of operation and location are subject to change based on volume and need in other areas of the county. Please call 336-694-4129 to confirm site availability.*Testing provided through a partnership with the Caswell County Department of Public Health, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) and OptumServe, the federal government health services business of Optum.
- Caswell Family Medical Center, (336) 694-9311, 439 US Hwy 158W, Yanceyville, NC 27379, Testing available by appointment.
- Pelham Community Center, 161 Community Center Rd, Pelham, NC 27311, Mondays – Fridays, 8am – 5pm, No appointment required but hours of operation and location are subject to change based on volume and need in other areas of the county. Please call 336-694-4129 to confirm site availability. *Testing provided through a partnership with the Caswell County Department of Public Health, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) and OptumServe, the federal government health services business of Optum.
Caring for COVID-19 Patients at Home
Learn more about caring for COVID-19 patients at home HERE.
Sanitizing Your Business, Nonprofit, or Church
In partnership with the Caswell County Health Department and Emergency Medical Services via the CARES program, the Caswell Chamber is able to provide the use of a sanitization spray gun and disinfectant to sanitize your office/facility/work areas.
There is no charge for the use of the equipment. A nominal $5/gallon is requested for the disinfectant. One gallon is typically ample to cover most office/work areas.
During the pandemic, it is important for business owners and organization leaders to maintain a clean and healthy areas for employees, customers, and patrons. The Caswell County Chamber is here to help make that happen.
Please consider taking advantage of this service offering today.
Available to both Chamber Members and nonmembers.
Call 336.694.6106 or text 336.500.3485 or email to reserve the equipment for your office/facility/place of work.