Caswell COVID-19 Information and Updates
Local public health officials and others are working hard to combat the spread of COVID-19 here in Caswell County.
Regular Local Updates
Caswell’s Public Health Director, Jennifer Eastwood has been recording updates for the community every other Monday at 2pm where she discusses local trends, hot spots, testing, vaccinations, etc. Monday, April 5th will be the final scheduled COVID update. CURRENT information regarding vaccine and testing availability can be found on the Health Department’s Website.
Free COVID-19 Vaccinations Available
Per the Caswell County Health Department 03/30/2021:
Learn More About the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Dr. Serena Zhou-Talbert hosted a Q and A Session as part of the COVID-19 Vaccine Education session on Thursday, February 4, 2021. Dr. Zhou-Talbert is a Family Practice provider with Caswell Family Medical Center, part of Compassion Health Care. This event is being hosted by Caswell County Government.
- Get more information about the science behind the COVID-19 Vaccine HERE.
Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- Caswell County Department of Public Health, 189 County Park Rd., Yanceyville, NC 27379, Tuesdays – Saturdays, 8am – 5pm. No appointment required but hours of operation and location are subject to change based on volume and need in other areas of the county. Please call 336-694-4129 to confirm site availability.*Testing provided through a partnership with the Caswell County Department of Public Health, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) and OptumServe, the federal government health services business of Optum.
- Caswell Family Medical Center, (336) 694-9311, 439 US Hwy 158W, Yanceyville, NC 27379, Testing available by appointment.
- Pelham Community Center, 161 Community Center Rd, Pelham, NC 27311, Mondays – Fridays, 8am – 5pm, No appointment required but hours of operation and location are subject to change based on volume and need in other areas of the county. Please call 336-694-4129 to confirm site availability. *Testing provided through a partnership with the Caswell County Department of Public Health, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) and OptumServe, the federal government health services business of Optum.
Sanitizing Your Business, Nonprofit, or Church
In partnership with the Caswell County Health Department and Emergency Medical Services via the CARES program, the Caswell Chamber is able to provide the use of a sanitization spray gun and disinfectant to sanitize your office/facility/work areas.
There is no charge for the use of the equipment. A nominal $5/gallon is requested for the disinfectant. One gallon is typically ample to cover most office/work areas.
During the pandemic, it is important for business owners and organization leaders to maintain a clean and healthy areas for employees, customers, and patrons. The Caswell County Chamber is here to help make that happen.
Please consider taking advantage of this service offering today.
Available to both Chamber Members and nonmembers.
Call 336.694.6106 or text 336.500.3485 or email to reserve the equipment for your office/facility/place of work.
****Per the Caswell County Health Department 03/22/2021****
NC is currently providing vaccinations to individuals in Group 1: Health care workers & Long-Term Care staff and residents; and Group 2: Anyone 65 years or older, regardless of health status or living situation; Group 3: All frontline essential workers; and Group 4: Adults with at least one underlying health condition.
We have availability in our upcoming March 25, 2020 vaccine clinics, where we will be giving the Moderna vaccine. The Moderna vaccine requires a second dose 28 days after the first dose. Your second dose appointment will be scheduled at the time of your first dose. Please be advised that these are NOT drive-thru events. You will be required to come into the building to receive your vaccine. You will also be required to wait 15 minutes after receiving your vaccine.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2021 To schedule your appointment, please click here.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 To schedule your appointment, please click here
Because we have transitioned to online scheduling, our COVID-19 Vaccine Waiting List is closed. If you need help schedule your appointment, please call 336-694-4129 and select option 5. Please know that our call volume is high right now and we are doing our best. Your patience is appreciated.
We are vaccinating by appointment only and those appointments are made in the order in which names are added to the list. Over the next three weeks, Caswell County Health Department will only receive 400 doses per week. However, there are other vaccine providers in the county who are also receiving vaccine. The Health Department is working with North Village Pharmacy and Compassion Health Care, Inc. to be sure Caswell residents have every opportunity to get vaccinated.
*****Per the Caswell County Health Department 1/24/2021*****
Per the Caswell County Health Department 1/14/2021:
Vaccine Info Update: As of today (1/14/2021), we are offering vaccine to ALL healthcare workers and all individuals age 65 and up. Please understand that vaccine supply is limited right now and we will do our best to accommodate as many individuals as we can. You may call the health department at 336-694-4129 option 5 to add your name to the list for an appointment.
Per the Caswell County Health Department 1/12/2021:
We are aware that announcements were made by President Trump today. Please understand that these types of announcements do not equal immediate change at the local level. Local Health Departments will follow guidance from the State when administering vaccine. The public will be notified of any changes to the North Carolina prioritization when they are made.
Currently, we are still vaccinating our 75 and up population as well as individuals who fall in the 1a category. North Village Pharmacy and Caswell County Health Department are vaccinating by appointment only. A special vaccine clinic for 75 and up will be held at the Caswell County Senior Center on Friday, January 15, 2020, from 9-12 and 1-4, by appointment only. Please call the health department (336-694-4129, option 5) or the Senior Center (336-694-7447) to schedule your appointment. Again, this clinic is by appointment only!
We understand that many people want this vaccine and believe us when we say we want to give it as quickly as possible. We ask for continued patience in the face of a rapidly changing situation. If you would like to receive the vaccine when it is available to your group, please call the Health Department and ask to be added to the list.
💬 Please see this SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT (Nov 2020) from the Caswell County Board of Health.